The intention of the Shasta Yoga Center is to offer high quality yoga instruction by certified yoga teachers dedicated to the integration of the human being.
Inspired by the practice of awakening and engaging the authentic Self, the Shasta Yoga Center is committed to cultivating community and supporting the individual in Being their own true spacious nature.
Spirit in Action
Through the deeper study of Yoga we realize the importance of continuity in our practice. We come to see that living and being yoga is united… and the opportunity to Be the “practice” is in every moment.
The Shasta Yoga Institute donates yearly to the Siskiyou Land Trust, the Bioregional Ecology Center, the River Exchange, Mount Shasta Education Foundation, the Nordic Center and Friends of Mount Shasta Avalanch Center.
What to Bring
The studio is fully equipped with props, however, bring your own sticky mat. MAT RENTAL= $1. Please BYO!
Please, leave perfumes/colognes behind and come with an empty stomach, bare feet, open mind and ready to receive the alchemy of yoga!
- BE ON TIME! If it’s your first time to the Shasta Yoga Center, please show up 10-15 minutes early to settle in and fill out a registration / waiver form.
- TURN OFF CELL PHONE, or leave it in your car.
- Wear clothing that is comfortable to move in. Remember, the closer fitting the clothing, the better the instructor can see your alignment.
- Do not eat anything very heavy for 2-3 hours before class.
- Refrain from wearing perfume or cologne, or any other fragrant body products (even most fabric softeners and hair care products are toxic!).
- Please inform us of any injuries, illness, or other condition that may affect your practice and how we can best serve you!
Yoga is not a religious practice and the Shasta Yoga Center honors and welcomes all members and their beliefs. Sanskrit is the traditional language of yoga and is used in class as well as the English translation. Some classes involve an invocation that is chanted, but singing it is always optional.
Yoga Props For Saleyantra
- Manduka Yoga Mats
- Mexican Blankets
- Bolsters & Zafus
- Be Present yoga wear
- A variety of yoga books are also for sale……
May all be well with human kind, May the leaders of the earth protect in every way by keeping to the right path. May there be goodness for those who know the earth to be sacred. May all beings be happy.” –Traditional Sanskrit Prayer